Top 5 Advantages of Dental Implants
- Posted on: Jul 2 2012
Facing a missing tooth? Think your only option is a dental bridge? Think again!
In the past, when a patient lost a tooth to injury, age or decay, their only real option was a dental bridge. And, while a bridge may restore the function and beauty of a smile, it’s not the ideal option for every patient. Thankfully, modern dentistry offers an alternative: dental implants.
First, what is a dental implant? A dental implant – which resembles a small screw – acts as a replacement tooth root. This is the part of a tooth that lies under the gum. Placed directly in the jaw, an implant fuses directly with your natural bone. This creates a healthy, secure foundation for a natural-looking replacement tooth.
So, what are the benefits of a dental implant? Read on to find out!
Why Choose a Dental Implant?
Many patients are surprised to learn that dental implants have several important advantages over a traditional bridge. Want to find out what an implant can do for you?
Here is our list of the Top 5 Advantages of Dental Implants:
- Functions like a regular tooth. Unlike a dental bridge, implants fuse directly with your natural bone. This makes for a solid, sturdy foundation, and you’ll be able to brush and chew just like you’re used to.
- Looks natural. You’ll be able to smile confidently knowing that implants make for some of the most natural-looking restorations around. Implant restorations are custom-made and color-matched to suit your smile perfectly.
- Preserves your natural bone. When a tooth is lost, jaw and dental bone can begin to deteriorate. Since a dental implant is placed directly in the jaw, your body is none the wiser, and bone loss is kept to a minimum.
- Doesn’t compromise surrounding teeth. With a fixed bridge, neighboring teeth often have to be ground down. Such is not the case with a dental implant.
- Dental implants last! Dental implants are made to last! In fact, with proper care and good oral hygiene, your implant could last you a lifetime.
Schedule a Dental Appointment Today
Want to find out what dental implants can do for you? Contact us today and schedule a consultation. We have nine locations and twelve affiliate locations throughout the New York metropolitan area including the Bronx, South Ozone Park, Richmond Hill, Midtown Manhattan, Yonkers, Farmingville, Hauppauge, Port Jefferson Station and Ronkonkoma. Hoping to see you soon!
We are Concerned!
Posted in: Dental Bites