Top 5 Reasons to Explore Flexible Partial Dentures
- Posted on: Apr 30 2013
For patients who have missing teeth, partial dentures have long been a popular restoration option. A removable approach to replacing lost teeth, partial dentures have typically been made with metal clasps attached to a gum-colored base. However, metal clasps aren’t always an ideal option for certain patients, prompting the creation of metal-free, flexible partial dentures.
Flexible partials are an alternative to both metal-based dentures and fixed restoration options, such as fixed dental bridges. These cutting-edge prostheses are removable, aesthetically pleasing, and are custom-made to fit each patient’s mouth. But, the list of benefits doesn’t end there! Read on to learn a few important advantages of choosing a flexible partial denture.
Here is our list of Top 5 Reasons to Explore Flexible Partial Dentures:
- Natural appearance. Flexible partial dentures are always made with made with color, shape, and fit in mind, working to achieve a remarkably natural-looking result. In addition, the lack of metal clasps allows the restoration to blend seamlessly with a patient’s natural teeth and gums.
- Comfortable. As one of today’s most comfortable restoration solutions, flexible partials are custom-fabricated to fit each patient’s unique anatomy. They’re also lightweight, helping patient become accustomed to their dentures often very quickly.
- Completely Metal-Free. Flexible partial dentures represent a metal-free alternative to traditional partial dentures. This is important for those with a metal allergy, or those who simply feel that metal isn’t the healthiest option.
- Minimal preparation. Compared to other dental restoration options, flexible partial dentures require minimal preparation. They reduce the need for invasive drilling procedures, and reduce the time you’ll spend in the dentist’s chair.
- Durable. Flexible partial dentures are usually strong and durable, as they’re built to withstand stress and pressure in the mouth. Additionally, flexible partials are typically resistant to chemical deterioration.
Flexible Partial Dentures in New York
To learn more about flexible partial dentures or any of the general or cosmetic services we offer, contact us today and schedule a consultation. We have nine locations and twelve affiliate locations throughout the New York metropolitan area including the Bronx, South Ozone Park, Richmond Hill, Midtown Manhattan, Yonkers, Farmingville, Hauppauge, Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma. We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted in: Dental Bites