New Year’s Resolutions For A Healthy Smile
- Posted on: Dec 12 2014
As the new year approaches, many people are making their New Year’s resolutions with the motivation and enthusiasm that comes with a fresh start. Take control of your oral health and make the resolution to practice healthy habits this year. Making the change is easier than you might expect. Here are some ways you can maintain and improve your smile:
- Brush and Floss Twice a Day, Every Day: A consistent dental hygiene regimen is your best weapon at keeping your mouth healthy and warding off tooth decay and gum disease. Keeping up with this daily routine is the simplest and most efficient way to maintain and improve dental health. Experts recommend brushing teeth for two minutes, twice a day as well as daily flossing.
- Eat Healthy: It’s no secret that nutritious foods are great for the body. Not only will a healthy diet packed with fruits, vegetables and whole grains keep you looking and feeling your best, it will also keep your teeth strong and help protect gums from inflammation and infection. Crisp, raw fruits and vegetables also help remove plaque from teeth and can freshen breath.
- Kick Your Smoking Habit: The new year is the perfect time to quit tobacco for good. Tobacco wreaks havoc on oral health in a number of ways, increasing a person’s risk for tooth decay, tooth discoloration, gum disease and mouth and throat cancers. If you think that the damage has already been done, it’s important to remember that your risk decreases once you stop using tobacco products.
- Schedule Regular Dental Visits: Routine dental examinations and cleanings will help prevent major dental problems from developing, potentially saving you money, time and discomfort in the future. Set up an appointment with your dentist every six months, and make it a priority to stick to that commitment throughout the year.
- Design a New Smile: Those who suffer from “permanent” oral health problems, such as chipped or missing teeth, might believe there is no chance for them to have a great smile. Fortunately, our highly trained team combine science and artistry to correct these problems and redesign the smiles of thousand of patients. This year, resolve to give yourself the smile of your dreams.
Contact Concerned Dental Care To Keep Your Smile Shining Bright This Year
If you have any questions about maintaining dental health, contact Concerned Dental Care today to schedule an appointment. We have nine locations and twelve affiliate locations throughout the New York metropolitan area including the Bronx, South Ozone Park, Richmond Hill, Midtown Manhattan, Yonkers, Farmingville, Hauppauge, Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma. We look forward to serving you!
Posted in: Dental Care Tips