3 Reasons to Explore All-Ceramic Crowns Today
- Posted on: Nov 29 2012
Patients can require a dental crown for all sorts of reasons – following a root canal, as a cosmetic restoration, or simply when a tooth has decayed to the point where a filling won’t be effective. No matter the underlying cause, however, anyone in this situation will ultimately be faced with an important question: Which type of crown is right for me? While you might assume that “all crowns are created equal,” understand that there are several different types available, each with their own unique characteristics.
Historically, the most popular type of crown was composed of porcelain fused to metal. And, while this certainly remains a good option for many folks, a growing number of patients are opting for what’s called an “all-ceramic crown.” Not sure what these cutting-edge restorations are all about?
Here are 3 Reasons to Explore All-Ceramic Crowns Today:
- Remarkably natural-looking results. All-ceramic crowns are undeniably one of the most natural-looking restorations around. Besides being expertly color-matched to your surrounding teeth, all-ceramic crowns are translucent and reflect light just like your natural smile.
- Bio-compatible. For those with a metal allergy – or those simply looking to avoid a metal restoration altogether – all-ceramic crowns are the ideal option. Well-tolerated by surrounding gums and soft tissue, ceramic crowns are often referred to as “bio-compatible.”
- Ideal for front teeth. Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns can sometimes leave patients with dark, unsightly “gum lines.” Such is not the case with all-ceramic crowns, making them ideal even for front teeth.
Metal-Free Crowns | Understanding Your Options
Now that you know a bit about the benefits of going “all ceramic,” we wanted to take a moment to share some of the specific metal-free crowns we offer:
- e.max® Crowns: These lithium disilicate crowns come in variable shades and translucencies, ensuring a natural-looking end result.
- Empress® Crowns: Ideal for front teeth, Empress Crowns offer realistic translucency and a comfortable fit.
- BruxZir® Solid Zirconia Crowns: BruxZir crowns are made of solid zirconia without a porcelain overlay, making them highly resistant to chipping.
- Lava™ Crowns: Made of custom-colored translucent zirconia, Lava Crowns are strong enough even for long-span bridges.
Ceramic Crowns NY
Not sure which type of crown to choose? You don’t have to! Contact us today and find out which type of restoration is right for you. We have nine locations and twelve affiliate locations throughout the New York metropolitan area including the Bronx, South Ozone Park, Richmond Hill, Midtown Manhattan, Yonkers, Farmingville, Hauppauge, Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma. We look forward to meeting you.
Posted in: Dental Bites