What are dental implants?
Dental implants are one of the best treatments for tooth loss, a condition that can occur as the result of traumatic injury, tooth decay, or poor dental hygiene. Tooth implants are made up of artificial materials that look and feel like your natural tooth and restore your regular chewing abilities. The dental professionals at Concerned Dental have a wide range of possible treatments for tooth loss, which include dental implants. We’ve spent years providing our New York City Area patients with the best options for tooth restoration so you can smile confidently after tooth loss or damage.
Why are dental implants used?
Dental implants may be a good option for you if you’ve experienced any of the following that result in tooth loss:
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Poor dental hygiene
- Traumatic tooth injury
- Tooth chip/tooth crack
- Abnormal tooth formation
What does getting dental implants involve?
At Concerned Dental in New York, it’s important to us that you are completely comfortable throughout your entire cosmetic dentistry procedure. We take the time to fully explain what you can expect before, during, and after your procedure. In general, you can expect the following during your tooth implant procedure:
- The full procedure is done during a series of procedures over several months.
- Your first procedure involves placing titanium anchors in your jaw.
- Once the anchors fuse with your jaw bone, small posts are attached to help give your new tooth stability.
- Then, once the anchors have fully healed, the replacement tooth is fitted to the post.
- The entire procedure is done as an outpatient procedure and uses general anesthesia to ensure your comfort.
What are the benefits of using dental implants?
Some of the many benefits of choosing to have dental implants from one of our skilled providers at Concerned Dental include the following:
- Permanent replacement for missing teeth
- Gives you full tooth function
- Natural looking tooth replacements that are not noticeable to others
- Restores your ability to smile confidently
- Little discomfort during the tooth implant procedure
If you believe you may need dental implants, visit Concerned Dental. We offer comprehensive dental services for patients in The Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Westchester, and Long Island. Our modern and friendly practice is home to a highly-qualified team of general dentists, orthodontists, oral surgeons, and other dental professionals who can handle all aspects of dentistry from one convenient location. To book your visit, call our office at 800.583.9285 or request an appointment today.