What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is an alternative to traditional metal braces that can be provided by your orthodontist at Concerned Dental. The orthodontic system allows patients to straighten teeth, improve bite issues, fix gaps between teeth, and other orthodontic issues. The system is often preferred over traditional braces because it allows patients to improve the look of their smile with more discretion. These clear braces trays are also more comfortable on the lips, tongue, and other areas of the mouth since they are smooth and removable. Our orthodontists at Concerned Dental offer the full range of cosmetic orthodontics, including braces, retainers, and the popular Invisalign® retainers.
Why is Invisalign® used?
One of our orthodontists may recommend Invisalign® orthodontic treatment if you suffer from any of the below cosmetic issues and would like to improve the look of your smile discreetly:
- Misaligned teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
What does getting Invisalign® involve?
There are several steps involved with getting Invisalign® braces. In general, when visiting our New York dental offices, you can expect the following:
- Your dentist will begin by doing a thorough evaluation of your teeth. This includes:
- Checking your overall oral health
- Discussing your cosmetic concerns and treatment goals
- Determining whether you are a good candidate for Invisalign®
- Taking digital measurements of your teeth
- Next, your dentist sends the measurement data to an Invisalign® lab, where your alignment trays are created. We may also use this measurement data to show you a before and after image of what your new smile will look like after treatment.
- Finally, your dentist will give you the newly-created alignment trays that will need to be worn during your treatment. Your Invisalign® braces are removable; however, you’ll need to wear them for a certain amount of hours during the day for them to be effective. Discuss these details with your dentist to ensure that your Invisalign® treatment is successful.
What are the benefits of using Invisalign®?
Invisalign® treatment has numerous benefits, including:
- Clear, so they are almost invisible
- Fits over your teeth without excessive bulk
- Comfortable and smooth
- Improves the look of your smile and corrects cosmetic imperfections
- Removable for eating, sports, and drinking
If you are interested in teeth straightening with Invisalign®, visit Concerned Dental. We offer comprehensive dental services for patients in The Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Westchester, and Long Island. Our modern and friendly practice is home to a highly-qualified team of general dentists, orthodontists, oral surgeons, and other dental professionals who can handle all aspects of dentistry from one convenient location. To book your visit, call our office at 800.583.9285 or request an appointment today.