What are metal braces?
Metal braces, which are also referred to as dental braces, are special orthodontic devices that can straighten, reposition, and align teeth that have cosmetic or structural issues. Metal braces are usually the go-to treatment for problems like overbites and underbites, but might also help fix gaps between teeth, crooked teeth, and other minor dental issues. At Concerned Dental, we offer numerous types of treatment options for our patients, including Invisalign®, ceramic braces, retainers, and traditional metal braces. No matter what your dental problem is, we can help you choose the best treatment option that meets your needs.
Why are metal braces used?
We may recommend braces for patients who are suffering from one or more of the below listed dental concerns:
- Misaligned teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Crooked teeth
What does getting metal braces involve?
You can expect the following steps during your process of getting braces at Concerned Dental in New York City and the surrounding areas:
- During an initial evaluation, your orthodontist will check the following to determine whether you’d be a good candidate for metal braces:
- Next, your dentist will attach your brackets directly to your teeth and then attach a metal wire that helps guide your teeth into their correct alignment.
- Over the course of your treatment, you’ll need to visit your orthodontist for routine visits to have your braces adjusted and to evaluate your treatment progress.
What are the benefits of getting metal braces?
Some of the many benefits of entrusting the skilled orthodontists at Concerned Dental with your braces treatment include the following:
- Improves jaw/bite
- Aligns teeth and filled in gaps between teeth
- Improves overall oral health
- Helps prevent gum disease by moving teeth to an uncrowded position
- Can improve self esteem