What are partial dentures?
Partial dentures are similar to traditional full dentures but are used when a person still has some natural teeth that are healthy. In order to preserve all of the natural teeth while also allowing for full use of the teeth, our dentists can create a set of dentures that is customized to fit around your natural teeth. At Concerned Dental, we work by your side to make sure you have the exact type of dentures that works best for you, ensuring that you have full function and comfort while wearing partial dentures.
When are partial dentures needed?
Partial dentures are often recommended for patients who:
- Have lost many natural teeth but still have many more that remain
- Have not had all teeth extracted
- Are free from gum disease
- Are seeking an alternative to permanent dental implants
- Would like regular tooth appearance and function
What does getting partial dentures involve?
If you choose to get partial dentures from the dental team at Concerned Dental, you can expect the following simple process:
- Your dentist treats any current gum diseases or other oral issues and allows for a full recovery prior to creating your dentures.
- If you have any remaining damaged teeth, they are extracted prior to your partial denture creation.
- Your dentist fits you for your dentures and create the partial dentures to fit perfectly with your unique jaw, bite, and remaining healthy teeth.
- Your dentist will give you information about how to care for your dentures and what to do in the event that your dentures break, are lost, or have another issue.
What are the benefits of getting partial dentures from a dentist?
Choosing to visit Concerned Dental for custom-created partial dentures can give you the following benefits:
- Comfortable and proper fit is ensured before you leave
- Improves the look and feel of your smile
- Improves your ability to bite and chew
- Resolves tooth infection and tooth decay issues
- Quick and painless fitting procedure
- Preserves any remaining natural teeth
If you believe you may need dentures, visit Concerned Dental. We offer comprehensive dental services for patients in The Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Westchester, and Long Island. Our modern and friendly practice is home to a highly-qualified team of general dentists, orthodontists, oral surgeons, and other dental professionals who can handle all aspects of dentistry from one convenient location. To book your visit, call our office at 800.583.9285 or request appointment today.