What is pediatric dentistry?
Pediatric dentistry refers to the regular dental cleanings, oral care, and dental procedures provided by a dentist for young children. A pediatric dentist can care for a wide range of patients, spanning from infants, toddlers, young children, preteens, and teens; however, the most common age group that a pediatric dentist treats is between ages three and ten. A pediatric dentist is experienced working with young children and offers unique dental care needed during these formative years. At Concerned Dental, we have in-house dentists who specialize in pediatric dentistry and can offer you comprehensive dental care for the entire family all under one roof.
What services can a pediatric dentist provide?
At Concerned Dental, our pediatric dentists can provide a wide range of dental services for kids. The most common pediatric dental procedures include the following:
- Routine dental cleanings
- Dental sealants
- Traditional metal braces
- Ceramic braces
- Palate expanders
- Tooth fillings
- Tooth extractions
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Dental X-rays
- Emergency dentistry
- Oral surgery
What does my child’s first pediatric dentist visit involve?
Your child should visit a dentist for the first time around the age of three. It is usually a simple dental check-in and rarely involves much treatment. During this routine pediatric dental check-up, you can expect the following:
- In some cases, the parent is asked to sit in the dental chair with the child during the visit. In other cases, the parent may be asked to wait in our waiting room so we can begin to develop a relationship of trust with your son or daughter.
- Our dentist provides a gentle and thorough examination of your child’s mouth, including gums and teeth.
- We may conduct X-rays to check for signs of tooth decay or damage.
- A routine dental cleaning is done, which is painless and quick.
- Your child will be given a fluoride treatment at the end of the visit to protect his/her teeth from damage between visits.
What are the benefits of bringing your child to a pediatric dentist?
There are numerous benefits of bringing your child to the dentist routinely for regular check-ups and for any dental issues. Choosing Concerned Dental for your child’s regular pediatric dental services can offer you the following benefits:
- In-house pediatric oral surgeons, orthodontists, and general dentists all under one roof
- Can prevent gum disease
- Can prevent tooth decay and damage
- Offers information for parents about your child’s teeth
- Lays the groundwork for health teeth later in a child’s life