What is preventative dentistry?
Preventative dentists are medical professionals who focus on treating people of all ages to prevent oral health problems, such as the gum disease gingivitis, cavities, tooth discoloration, and much more. Caring for your teeth in a proactive and preventative manner can help you to keep your healthy, natural smile for many years. Preventative dentistry involves visiting your dentist routinely for your regular dental cleanings. These include plaque buildup removal, flossing, tooth polishing, fluoride treatments, and a thorough examination of your teeth. Visiting Concerned Dental regularly for your preventative dental care can help catch dental problems early before complications arise.
What services can a preventative dentist provide?
At Concerned Dental, we offer the complete range of dental services for preventive oral healthcare, which includes the following:
- Dental cleanings
- Oral X-rays
- Dental sealants
- Oral hygiene information
- Proper flossing and brushing guidance
- Fluoride treatments
What does preventative dentistry involve?
The following tips for preventative dentistry can help you and your dentist to ensure your teeth stay healthy and bright for the long term:
- Brush your teeth regularly and with proper technique at least twice a day and after sugary meals.
- Use toothpaste, floss, and mouth rinse that has been recommended by your preventative dentist at Concerned Dental.
- Visit Concerned Dental for your regular cleanings and preventative oral health visits.
- Inform your dentist right away if you notice any abnormal growths in your mouth or pain that is abnormal.
- Eat a balanced diet that limits the amount of sugar you intake. Additionally, drink plenty of water to help your teeth stay clean of bacteria and plaque.
What are the benefits of visiting a dentist for preventative dental services?
Everyone can benefit from using preventative dentistry, no matter what your age is. However, children in particular benefit greatly from preventative dentistry because it helps their new adult teeth to come in healthy and free of problems. Choosing to visit the Concerned Dental team, which includes dentists and orthodontists as well as many other oral health professionals, for your routine and preventative dental healthcare can offer you the following benefits:
- Avoids cavities
- Lowers the risk for gum disease
- Reduces enamel wear
- Keeps teeth brighter and whiter
- Lessens the effects of cavities and periodontitis