What is teeth whitening?
Professional teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental procedure that is safe, easy, and inexpensive with our cosmetic dentists at Concerned Dental. Our formula does not alter your tooth’s natural structure or affect any of your existing dental work, such as dental crowns or dental bridges. Our dental whitening system is a simple way to improve the look of your smile, remove stains or discoloration from the surface of your teeth, and get your smile shades lighter and brighter. Our whitening formulation can be used on both your upper and lower teeth and works quickly and painlessly.
When is teeth whitening from a dentist needed?
There are many reasons why a person’s smile could darken or stain over time. The most common reasons your teeth may become darker or stained include the following:
- Certain foods
- Drinking wine
- Lack of good oral hygiene
- Failing to visit the dentist for regular cleanings
- Natural aging
- Certain tooth injuries
What does professional teeth whitening involve?
Tooth whitening with the dental professionals at Concerned Dental usually involves the following steps:
- Your dentist makes unique impressions of your teeth to create a retainer for your teeth whitening process.
- When your custom-made tooth whitening retainers have been created, you can pick them up from one of our New York Area office locations.
- Your dentist will give you everything you need for your tooth whitening process, including enough of the tooth whitening solution to last you one to two weeks.
- You should wear your whitening retainers each night for the amount of time instructed by your dentist, after which your teeth should have improved by several shades.
What are the benefits of visiting a dentist for tooth whitening?
Because some whitening solutions could potentially harm your teeth and gums, it’s important that you entrust a professional dentist with your tooth whitening. Some of the many benefits of visiting Concerned Dental for your professional tooth lightening include:
- Free of harmful chemicals associated with over-the-counter teeth whiteners
- Fast and easy way to correct stained or yellowing teeth
- Improves the overall look of your teeth and smile
- Is safe for your tooth enamel when used correctly