What is a tooth filling?
A dental filling is a common type of restorative dental treatment that can improve the appearance and function of your teeth after you’ve experienced tooth decay or damage. The filling material is made from a special substance and evens out your teeth, filling in the portion that has worn away or decayed. This helps you when biting and chewing and also prevents the decay from continuing and spares the healthy portion of the tooth. At Concerned Dental, our experienced professionals handle all kinds of tooth restorations, including routine fillings. We take the utmost care in ensuring our patients are relaxed and comfortable during the simple, in-office procedure.
Why is a tooth filling from a dentist needed?
A filling can be used to treat a tooth after one of the following causes tooth decay or damage:
- Tooth fracture
- Damaged prior tooth filling
- Tooth discoloration
- Tooth structure damage
What does getting a tooth filling involve?
At Concerned Dental, you can expect the following steps when undergoing a tooth filling with one of our dentists:
- Your dentist matches the color of your teeth to the filling material so it will blend with your natural teeth.
- Any tooth decay or damage is removed from the tooth.
- The filling material is inserted into the damaged area of the tooth and shaped to fit your tooth and bite.
- Your fillings are checked every time you visit your dentist to ensure they are still secure. Most fillings last for years but in rare cases may need repair or replacing.
What are the benefits of visiting Concerned Dental for a tooth filling?
Choosing to have tooth-colored fillings at Concern Dental can offer you the following benefits:
- Secure, supportive fitting filling
- Blends with your tooth so you can’t tell the filling is there
- As strong as your natural tooth
- Saves and strengthens your natural tooth
- Prevents tooth decay
- Restores tooth and removes tooth damage